Wednesday, February 23, 2011

(insert clever Twitter pun)

This Twitter assignment has been a lot of fun. Until now, I have been using Twitter to lurk. I follow sports and music people and organizations I'm interested in. The star seeker in my likes that they are more accessible on Twitter than through other means. I also follow some organizations to get information for news, product info and work. I also follow some strictly for fun (Denis Leary, Weird Al, Sarah Silverman).



What is different about Twitter for me in this assignment is I almost never posted anything before. Honestly, what were the chances one of the 10 people who follow me will respond or even care? Aside from a couple of replies to celebrities' tweets (I did get the following reply from Howard Bryant: "That is an awesome response! We have a winner!") and a few exchanges with our NPR station rep about soccer or the NFL (he's a Cowboys fan, it was fun needling him about that), I never tweeted with anyone.

Part of what has made this fun is now that there are people I know on Twitter, it is much more interactive.
Now that I'm on here with my classmates, we have had some good back-and-forth about various topics.
Writing different kinds of tweets has been cool also. I'm enjoying adding pictures and links.

Because I tend to only use Twitter through my phone, I mostly did that for this assignment. I discovered that the Twitter app on my phone automatically shortens the links in my posts. It was also really easy to upload pictures from my phone. I can either select a photo already stored, or I can take a picture to upload.

Twitter totally feeds my ADD, which is both good and bad. It's good because I find it exciting how dynamic it is. It's bad because it I find myself checking my phone compulsively.

Overall, I really enjoyed Twitter, and I plan to use it more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment